The FCA has appointed six new directors to a mixture of existing and newly created senior roles:
- Director of Consumer Finance – Roma Pearson will take up her position in July and will be responsible for the supervision and policy development in the consumer lending sector;
- Director of Wholesale Buy-Side – Camille Blackburn will join the FCA in October to fill this new role. She will be responsible for policy development and the effective supervision across asset management, alternative investments, custody banks and investment research;
- Director of Payments and Digital Assets – Matthew Long will join the FCA in October to fill this new role. He will be responsible for overseeing the e-money, payment and crypto-asset markets and leading related policy development;
- Director of Retail and Regulatory Investigations – Anthony Monaghan will be responsible for the FCA’s regulatory investigations in sectors including banking, insurance, financial advice and personal pensions. He has been covering this role on an interim basis since April 2021;
- Director of Strategy, Policy, International and Intelligence – Karen Baxter will join the FCA in September to lead the specialised functions that support the breadth of the FCA’s enforcement and market oversight activities, helping ensure it has the tools it needs to do its work effectively; and
- Director of Wholesale – Simon Walls was appointed as interim director in May 2022. He will continue in this role, focussing on the Wholesale Sell-Side.