FCA has updated its website with details of the current state of play in relation to the repeal and replacement of retained EU laws in the financial services sector. Coming up in 2024 will be many changes and papers, including:
- consultation on amending the AIFMD regime and re-evaluating the AIFMD Rules for NURS (in Q3);
- changes to the IDD Delegated Regulations recently announced to be taking effect in April 2024;
- a study on the impact of a consolidated tape in equities, and rules for the bond CTP framework taking effect from 5 April 2024;
- a policy statement on commodity derivatives in Q3;
- transparency reforms in relation to equities coming into effect in April and policy statements on bond and derivative transparency in H2;
- consultation and discussion papers on transaction reporting;
- policy statement on money market fund regulation;
- consultation and policy on PRIIPs proportionate disclosure regime; and
- consultation on PSD2 and EMD, including on safeguarding, prudential regulation and potentially an SMCR and FSCS coverage, in Q2.
The page still does not indicate when Treasury will start to make use of the new Designated Activities Regime.